6.30.2011

Untitled Thirteen 7.22.2009

What pays for today won't pay for tomorrow.
Because what pays for today is gone with my sorrow.
Broken and empty I'll set out to find You.
Because broken and empty, nothing else will do.

Yesterday is as new as a photograph.
We've all been there and had our laugh.
Yesterday us as new as a telephone.
We talk but we're still alone.

I paid for yesterday with bloodied wrists,
So now today only starts with unwanted twists.
I paid for yesterday with the tears I cry.
So I hop that today I get another try.

Tomorrow holds a future I will never see.
And the person in the mirror just isn't me.
Tomorrow holds a future I will not know.
Because tomorrow holds a time I can not go.

Yesterday is the pain I can't forget,
Tomorrow is the goal that's never met.
But today is what I have.
Today is what I have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment